The Joint Pediatric Section of the AANS/CNS was started to promote, honor and serve pediatric neurosurgeons. We are a faction of the AANS/CNS membership organizations and provide the following benefits:
- to enhance and assure the advancement of the subspecialty of pediatric neurosurgery
- a forum for the exchange of ideas
- to advance education, research, and patient care
As part of the AANS/CNS effort to promote international education and collaboration in pediatric neurosurgery, we would like to make you aware of InterSurgeon, a web platform developed by pediatric neurosurgeons to promote collaborations in global neurosurgery. Please visit the International efforts section of the website or the InterSurgeon website for additional information.
It is with great sadness that we learned of the passing of Dr. Donald Reigel, one of the founding members of North American Pediatric Neurosurgery and the American Society of Pediatric Neurosurgery. Please read this important announcement from Jack Walker and Mark Proctor HERE.
The Fall 2018 ShortCuts Newsletter is now available. Click HERE to download.
Honor Your Pediatric Mentors through the Neurosurgery Research & Education Foundation (NREF) Honor Your Mentor fund. This is your opportunity to acknowledge those who have established the specialty by aiding those who will follow. To learn more about the honored pediatric mentors and the research they dedicate themselves to, please visit the Honor Your Mentor page for A. Leland Albright, James Rutka, or Karin Muraszko and donate today. Don’t see your mentor on the list? To establish a new fund, please contact Joanne Bonaminio at 847.378.0541 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Many thanks to local host Jay Wellons and the entire Vanderbilt team for the most highly attended Pediatric Section Meeting ever!
- View the 2018 Pediatric Section Annual Meeting Online Program Brochure
- Congratulations to the following oral presentation and poster winners:
- Best Basic Science Poster: Amy Katherine Bruzek, MD. CSF Circulating Tumor DNA Copy Number Quantifies Tumor Growth and In Vitro Treatment Response in Pediatric DIPG and High Grade Glioma
- Best Clinical Poster: Brandon G Rocque, MD, MS, FAANS. Quality of Life and Mental Health after Pediatric CNS Tumor Treated with Surgery Only
- Hydrocephalus Award: Elizabeth Naylor Kuhn, MD. Cross Sectional Evaluation of Transition Readiness in the Interdisciplinary Spina Bifida Clinic
- Shulman Award: Jacob Richard Lepard, MD. Developing a de novo Stereotactic Electroencephalography (SEEG) Program: A Multi-Institutional Pediatric Experience
- Save the Date for the 48th Annual Meeting of the AANS/CNS Section on Pediatric Neurological Surgery at Hyatt Gainey Ranch, Scottsdale/ Phoenix , Arizona from Thursday December 8 to Sunday December 11, 2019.